Unit 2 Cordite Milling Houses 2 : Motor House 2 showing safety light, cable riser and power conduits
Unit 2 Cordite Milling Houses : Cut off power conduits on Press House 2
The details that follow are for Unit 2 Cordite Milling House Motor Room 2, but the Unit 1 equivalents are the same.
- A suitable and unmapped structure was found near the easternmost of the three Incorporation Houses in Unit 1.
- It had reinforced glass windows and an externally accessed safety light, as has been found in every other
- The structure was strongly-built brick with a concrete roof and with an acid-resistant gritless asphalt floor.
- A two-metre wide gritless asphalt track ran from this building past the Incorporation House and the Shifting House
(Changing Room) to the Press House.
- There was an armoured high-voltage cable facing the door and an assortment of metal sheathed cable conduits, with
the cut-off stubs of similar conduits in the end back passage walls of the Incorporation and Press Houses.